Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Doll - Dress Sketch

Happy Wednesday everyone @-->>----

I want to share an article that has helped me accomplish more in a day. The idea has been rehashed many times by different people, but things never sink in until you put it to good use. LISTS. I'm starting to write them (not type), every morning before turning on the computer or checking email. I make lists of things I want to accomplish, and then rewrite them into a schedule. It helps!! -- link --

Genesis paints are fantastic! They go on light, or I am not being bold enough to go heavy at first, but I find layering on the paint in between bakes create a nice effect.

She is still a baldy. The next step of adding hair make me nervous. If anyone has tips they wouldn't mind sharing let me know.

Started to make a cute ruffle. Details, here I come - this is my favorite part. YAY!




Sketchy, sketch, sketch.


Spent all night sketching out ideas of how I am going to put her dress together (while factoring in the limitations of placing them on her frame). I need to channel into my talented friend Vani's sewing skills.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa!! You are so sweet. I'm really not anywhere near where I'd ideally be.. just keep pushing through. But, I've seen your sewn work and it's GORGEOUS!! I cannot wait to see the dress you make her! Know that I am here to help with anything.

    ...She is really looking beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete